September 29, 2012
No link is ever dead. Ever. Someone somewhere or some search engine somewhere still remembers an url, a page, or a link and will bring up a link to a source that ceased to exist a bazillion years ago – always. It is kind of like the speed of light and stars thing, you can be looking at this star up in the heavens and see a star – only that star ceased to exist a century ago – you can just still see it because the light is still in transit even if the star is gone.
In internet terms, the link is still showing up and visible in a search even if the page went toes up years or weeks ago.
This is why I just spent the last week of my life 24/7 placing redirects on pages in the Max web empire. Because you cannot kill urls or web pages ever. They always, always, have to have a string of links or redirects that go somewhere that exists on the web.
There is an easier way to do it. Just tell the whole site to redirect. I could do that too if I were not using two separate servers to host two separate parts of AFW to insure, if one crashes?, there is emergency back up on the other. It is kind of more important to have a back up plan than an easy out. Oh well.
Hey come see the new book page. It is nifty.
April 26, 2012
CISPA just passed in the House and is on the way to the Senate. The White House has said it is not behind it. The White House also said it was not behind the Patriot Act and not behind NDAA and it expanded and signed those so do not let that reassure you.
February 26, 2011
Gotten kind of schizophrenic around here between the personal stuff and the writing stuff so I finally kicked AFW out the door. Now CelluloidBlonde gets to be my own personal blog and doesn’t have to play double duty with the AFW stuff and AFW has its own spanky new blog where I can just post stuff about writing and classes. Yay!
Go see it. It is pretty new and prob still needs a few kinds worked out but I like it:
Also if you are crazy strapped for time and do the feed thing there is a feed:
February 21, 2011
Yep. You guessed it. Tagged on FB. And I have been neglecting the blog — though you could scroll down to the bottom and catch some of the links from that other blog. Ahem. But —
Blog neglect! Ahhh! So —
In no particular order and sans the help of alcohol because I am sick, damn it, here are 25
1. I snore. Really loud. Ungentlemanly persons to remain unnamed have recorded this just to prove it. I will still deny it.
2. I am continually trapped between the demands I behave “professionally” and just enjoying the fuck out of what I do. There, I hope that is professional enough.
3. I mistrust overly friendly men. This may be related to leaping out of a moving car at a young age when the driver was overly “friendly” and wouldn’t stop the car.
4. I still think removing your pants while driving and without an invitation to do so is “too friendly.”
5. I curse. A lot. Deal with it.
6. I like cursing. If I were in Bridgette Jones’s Diary, I would be the journlist who likes to say “fuck.” A lot.
7. All the martial arts training in the world won’t save you if someone sneaks up behind you and hits you in the head with a two-by-four.
8. The above may explain why I generally sit with my back to the wall.
9. Shoes. They are not just for breakfast anymore. Yay!
10. I spell much better in German than I do in English. This is because German instructors mark you down just as hard for one misplaced letter as they do for a total conjugation mash up.
11. Everyone on my mother’s side of the family is fa – er, overweight. Except one cousin who I suspect owes her slim frame to entertaining substances. No one knows why I am not fat.
12. My father is a descendent not only of presidents but of the Richfield Oil Estate. Somehow he managed to blow through it all and leave me nothing but a few legal bills to remember him by.
13. The only parts of my body I haven’t managed to injure are my left elbow and right ribs. For someone with a background in dance who is generally considered pretty graceful this doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.
14. I am allergic to novacaine.
15. No cracks about the “generally pretty graceful” comment.
16. Friends won’t allow me to buy a bicycle – something about accident prone and what happens when cars and humans on bicycles collide.
17. A martial arts instructor once accepted me based solely on the fact he’d never met a civilian who’d been in as many physical combat situations as I had.
18. Chocolate is good. More chocolate is better.
19. I have no tonsils.
20. Small children, animals, and the mothers of sons I am dating love me.
21. Sons I am dating tend to be more problematic.
22. I have been known to floss.
23. I drink Diet Coke because my dentist makes me. She’d probably prefer I drink no Coke at all. But has to content herself with just getting rid of the sugar quotient.
24. My dentist is a half foot shorter than I am and can still boss me around.
25. I have to poof the hair to hit 5’6”.
I don’t tag people in memes as a general rule — outside of whatever foolhardy and nefarious souls tagged me, revenge! — but if this looks like fun to you go for it and tag me back.
June 24, 2009
435 votes in.
25 to go.
[It takes 60 seconds to view and VOTE]
You can follow vote scores on twitter here.
*do not forget to respond to vote confirmation email you have to answer that email for votes to be counted
June 20, 2009
Um. Apparently you guys —
Thought I was kidding about THE MOVIE?
I. Am. Not. Kidding. About.
[I composed a freaking sound track. That is not kidding.]
*special thanks to kitty and to kym for blogging this, everyone on facebook who has posted [deb rane jen chris kitty jordan christie michele did i miss anyone?], everyone on facebook who has joined the vote for max group , and everyone who has voted yay!
March 1, 2009
I thought this was a particularly beautiful youtube.
December 7, 2008
So my big thing, seeing as I do posts dating forward, and I am probably not the only person who does –
CAN WE PLEASE STOP THE GOD DAMNED “THREE DAYS FROM NOW’ notations?
Give me a damn date. I cannot handle all this yesteterday, maybe tomorrow, could be two days from now post quadrant stuff.
[That is me yelling at the WordPress people by the way do not get upset if you are not WordPress people. And if you are WordPress people, please fix it.]
December 4, 2008
2.7 strikes at 5 my time. That is in one hour. Uh oh.
I do not like change I was crying into my Diet Coke like a ninja the last time they reorganized the control panels on WordPress. And if posts get slim around here it is totally because I am lost in a morass of new toolbars yipes.
*is it just me or does it seem particularly machiavellian to make a big control panel change right when holidailies hit? those poor bastards will never see what hit them
December 1, 2008
Mildly fascinating it is the typealyzer and analyzes the personality of the author of a blog by scanning and analyzing posts on the blog. Celluloid Blonde came out —
ESFP — The Performer
The entertaining and friendly type. They are especially attuned to pleasure and beauty and like to fill their surroundings with soft fabrics, bright colors and sweet smells. [Clearly they are not familiar with my struggle to break out of black white and gray but hey it got the fabric/beauty/pleasure thing right.] They live in the present moment and don´t like to plan ahead — they are always in risk of exhausting themselves. [Change that to finances and it is dead on.]
They enjoy work that makes them able to help other people in a concrete and visible way. [Yes.] They tend to avoid conflicts and rarely initiate confrontation — qualities that can make it hard for them in management positions. [One more proof I am totally a delicate flower and the first person to refute this gets a charred zen garden rake to the head.]
*by the way do not think repeatedly typing “typealyzer” is easy too many vowels gah!