October 31, 2014
October 27, 2014
Okay I have not been good about getting photos this year [bad me] but here after a hard week festivaling, [yes, I made that word up, roll with it], Sunday night after the bars close: Max Adams, Chesher Cat, Vivi Gregg, Jennifer Mulligan, Kent Williams, and Cathy Rescher, AFF 2014
And, selfies grabbed at Driskill before people headed for their planes [yeah, I am last minute like that too, ahhh!]: David Gardner & Max Adams; Jennifer Mulligan & Max Adams:
October 20, 2014
- Stock some sort of breakfast snack. In fact, stock some sort of food, period.
- Capture the prehistoric bug in the bathroom I have an armistice with. “Here Godzilla! Here Godzilla! Come to Max! Pay no attention to the super sized Tupperware container I am hiding behind my back….”
- Stock enough coffee beverages I will not have impulse to attack guest with sharp objects for cutting into Max coffee rations.
- Dust off the real toothpaste. [Others apparently do not tolerate baking soda tooth shenanigans well. This was brought to my attention when one house guest screamed and started foaming at the mouth.]
- Wash towels in laundry [and also washcloths]. Apparently linens growling and levitating are disturbing to guests.
- Stock some primary beverage other than Diet Coke? [Surely not, who in their right mind does not rely on Diet Coke as a primary source of hydration?]
- Bleach purple shampoo rings out of bathtub.
- Check stored sheets and pillows for “air fresh” quality. [Wash if “air fresh” quality went south in 2012.]
- Do dust bunny check. [Not everyone gives dust bunnies nicknames and cute outfits and stages wrestling matches.]
- Double check refrigerator for mystery alien visitors. [Some people whimsically refer to those visitations as “vegetables gone bad” but I cannot be fooled, THOSE are alien life forms.]
September 9, 2014
I’ve got writers flipping out over not placing in the Austin Film Festival screenplay competition.
Just stop it.
THE PURPOSE OF SCREENPLAY COMPETITIONS IS GET READS AND GET SOLD AND GET THE MOVIE MADE.
Do you need to win a competition to get a script read, a script sold, or a movie made?
August 27, 2014
June 5, 2014
Max, Hollywood — I think 2009 — photo by Deborah Chesher.
And yes, the hotdog was delicious. Yay!